Recover spilt oil from calm or shallow water
Durable. Corrosion resistant. SpillPro suction skimmers are ideal for cleaning spills in shallow water or on the surface of standing water.
Light weight and compact design of the suction skimmer head makes for easy deployment and simple operation in hard to access places.
Long hose extensions can be used to get the suction skimmer into the perfect position to clean up a wide variety of oils and liquids.
Where this product can be applied
- Calm Water
- Shallow pools
How this product solves problems
- Easier to deploy than traditional heavy skimmers
- Can operate in water as shallow as two inches
- Can recover a variety of oils or liquids
Benefits of SpillPro Suction Skimmers
- Easy to deploy
- Operates in shallow water
- Standard rapid fit hose connections
- Can be used with any suction pump or vacuum system
Rapid response time
The light weight construction and compact design of the SpillPro Suction Skimmer means it can easily be handled by a single operator and placed in the ideal position. Because the spill is transferred to a holding tank, the speed of clean up is high and the holding tank can be transferred away from the spill zone for further processing.
Versatile and Efficient
Any suction pump or onsite vacuum system can be connected using standard hoses making it quick and easy to get the suction skimmer working. The ability to operate in waters as shallow as two inches enable the suction skimmer to get to places no other skimmer can reach.
SpillPro Suction Skimmers are made of moulded polyethylene and anodised aluminium, making them hardy and durable for corrosive environments.
- Shovelhead Skimmer
When an oil spill occurs, SpillPro suction skimmers are deployed to the spill area. A hose float keeps the suction head floating on the water, while it sucks up the surface layer like a vacuum cleaner.
Standard hoses connect the suction head to a vacuum system or suction pump and then to a collection tank. The flow rate of water and oil removed from the surface is dependent on the rating of the pump or vacuum system.
The spill is transferred to a collection tank on shore.
- Suitable for calm water, dams and shallow conditions
- Can be connected to any suitable suction pump or vacuum system
- Capacity determined by pump or vacuum system rating
- SpillPro offers suction skimmer training, trials and commissioning.
- Two-year warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
- Can be delivered to most locations on short notice.
- Suction hose
- Vacuum trailer units
- Extension pipe
Learn about the Australian regulations for workplace oil spills as well as what you can do to ensure that your business is compliant.
Oil spill skimmers are often rated based on the offload pump capacity but this is misleading. Independent bodies can verify rate of oil removal and efficiency. Read more.